Generate STL files and lattice structures for 3D printing
Robust solutions for image data and CAD
Our software can be used to generate CAD or STL files from 3D image data (MRI, CT, micro-CT...) for 3D printing and Additive Manufacturing. STL files generated in Simpleware software have guaranteed watertight triangulations and correct normals, which ensure high-quality printed models. Internal lattice structures can also be added to parts to reduce weight before printing without compromising functionality.
STL files can be generated with:
- Guaranteed watertight triangulations
- Conforming interfaces for multi-material printing
- Volume and topology preserving smoothing
The software enables visualisation in 2D and 3D modes directly after import, quantification and measurement of images, removal of unwanted artefacts and segmentation of regions of interest. Processed data can be exported for 3D printing with no need for further editing. Options are also available for generating computational models for CAE applications from your data.
Applications areas include:
- Printing medical devices and anatomical structures from scans
- Generating printed models of components and parts for automotive and aerospace NDE
- Reverse engineering complex natural and man-made structures for printing and inspection
Adding lattice structures
The software enables internal structures to be added to industrial parts sourced from CAD and/or image data before printing. Lattices can be used without compromising part flexibility or stiffness and to specify the wall thickness of parts. Robust and easy-to-use lattice generation tools can also be combined with our industry-leading volume meshing functionality to allow for the unique generation and simulation of printed parts.
- Reduce the weight of parts while maintaining functionality
- Select part wall thicknesses, volume fractions, unit cell type...
- Achieve a smooth interface at the structure-wall interface and auto-close cavities
- Generate blended junctions between lattice and enclosing walls
- Direct export for 3D printing and Additive Manufacturing
- Export models with lattices as volume meshes for FEA and CFD
We provide a complete workflow for scanning, converting and processing data into a format suitable for 3D printing. Data can be sent using a secure system and converted into high-quality STL files ready for export. Alternatively, if you do not have your own data, we can arrange for a part to be scanned.